Are you passionate about development and creativity? Excited about learning, honing your skills and letting the creative juices flow free? If you answered yes to these questions, then 1-grid is where you need to be.
We are a young and booming hosting company and we need more 1-gridders to grow and rise with us. Our working environment is such that we encourage out of the box thinking and innovative problem-solving. Our mission is to find people that want to thrive in their professions and don’t see what they’re doing as a mere job. We are all about growth and building careers.
The person we are looking for (and we know you are out there), is quirky and keen to learn and excel at what they do. They are excited about advancing their careers and they put everything they have into everything that they do — 100% of the time. Not only that, but this ideal candidate will also take pride in the work that they produce.
Our benefits are not to be overlooked. Scroll down and take a look.
- To develop, maintain and enhance all software applications by:
Analysing business requirements and designing the technical solutions to meet them.
b. Identifying, troubleshooting and debugging defects.
c. Identifying manual processes and automating them.
d. Managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Provide 3rd level support by investigating and resolving incidents in accordance with SLA
- Excellent knowledge of LAMP stack
- PHP development experience
- Some .NET experience will be advantageous
- OOD experience
- Must work well within an agile software development environment
- Working knowledge of relational databases (MSSQL & MySQL)
- Working knowledge of API design and distributed back-end systems
- Strong use of source code repositories
- Current and up to date experience in web technologies utilising SOA patterns
- Ansible/Puppet/Chef/CFEngine or similar automation experience advantageous
- Scripting experience (Python, Bash etc.) advantageous
- Must love working as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Self-motivated and driven
- Ability to communicate technical, complex concepts to relevant stakeholders
- Must be able to work methodically
- Must be able to adapt to changing situations and circumstances
- Ability to provide creative and innovative ideas for new developments and/or improvements on existing systems
- Ability to provide accurate documentation of technical specifications and code standards (when required)
Computer science degree or diploma advantageous.
Our benefits are second to none — the icing on the 1-grid culture cake
- We look after your well-being and encourage a healthy lifestyle
We pay 100% of your medical aid (Discovery & Vitality) — so no deduction unless you want to add a beneficiary
- We think of your future
Retirement Annuity — up to 5% co-contribution in your first year; 5% thereafter