At 1-grid, we are not just about providing jobs, we are enthusiastic about people and their careers. So why not further your career with one of the top hosting service providers in the country?
We are looking for self-motivated, energetic and innovative Web Hosting Technical Advisors. This position is based at our Cape Town offices.
Overall purpose of the position
You will resolve technical queries from customers regarding the Hosting of their websites, domains and email.
- Ability to learn continuously
- Customer satisfaction ratings (customer ratings based on call and email interaction)
- First Contact Resolution
- We look after your well-being and encourage a healthy lifestyle
- We pay 100% of your medical aid (Discovery & Vitality) — so no deduction unless you want to add a beneficiary
- We think of your future
Retirement Annuity — up to 5% co-contribution of your monthly salary
- Experience providing technical support to customers via live chat, tickets or by telephone.
- Ability to register, transfer and update domains
- Needs an understanding of DNS, and should have been exposed to tools such as tracert, ping, telnet, WHOIS
- Experience with managing hosting control panels, such as cPanel, WSP, HELM and Plesk
- An understanding of the email sending/receiving processes and able to comprehend the routing of email, MX records, firewalls
- A basic understanding of CMS', firewalls and databases
- Windows and Linux server access experience would be advantageous
- IT qualification or in house certification of a technical nature related to website hosting or server administration
- Matric certification